Thursday, March 8, 2018

Coloring Springtime Foils

Can you tell how much I love these Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Paper?  They color so nicely and really have a beautiful shine to them.

Here are a couple of versions.  Tell me which you like best in the comments section.


(Above Card) Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Pear Pizzazz - 5 1/4" x 4"
Spring Time Foils - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"

I used Dark Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blends and Light Old Olive Stampin' Blends.

Sentiment - Heartfelt Blooms
Ink - Memento Black

Card Below - Everything is the same, except I used Gold Foil instead of Pear Pizzazz.  I really like the Gold Foil behind best, but let me know what you think.


The ribbon is Whisper White Organza Ribbon and then colored lightly with the Stampin' Blends marker.  The great thing about this ribbon is you can color it any color that will match the flowers or greenery you choose for this card.

When using the Gold Foil (or any of the foils really) I like to cut out the center that would be hidden behind other paper, so I can use it elsewhere, like behind the sentiment.


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Thursday!  It's "Friday Eve!"

~ Donna

Product List

4 comments:

  1. Pretty! I like the gold matting the best but I like the first card better for the horizontal look as to me it showed the flowers off more. I just love the coloring on this paper. I fussy cut out two flowers after I colored them and then put them on a stitched oval piece and then onto the dotted paper in the same pack. It was pretty much CASED but wow what a look it was. Even Mike looked at it and thought it was the best card I have made. I loved the sound my blending pens made on this paper - sort of a squeaky noise that brought Teddy running to see what I was doing. When he saw the card making stuff he just sighed and hopped on the couch and went to sleep. I guess he was not impressed!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Poor Teddy, he thought it was going to be something great! I love it when they sigh and just walk away. So disappointing! LOL Your card sounds pretty. I think it goes well with the dotted paper from the same stack.

      Delete
  2. Pretty Cards - thanks for sharing! GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glenda! Good to see you here. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors