Sunday, March 18, 2018

Truly Tailored Gentleman

We all know how difficult masculine cards seem to be or at least that we never have enough of them around.  The Truly Tailored Bundle in the 2018 Occasions Catalog is one of the best I've seen.  It's classy, colorful and so easy to put together.  Here are just a couple of cards that I put together Saturday, with more ready to assemble today or when I need them.



Recipe - Card #1 Below:
Night of Navy - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Very Vanilla - 5" x 3 3/4"
True Gentleman Designer Series Paper - 3 5/8" x 3"
True Gentleman Designer Series Paper - 3 5/8" x 2"  
   (when assembling, these two will overlap just a touch, but you will cover it with ribbon or cardstock)

Stamps: Truly Tailored
Ink:  Night of Navy


Very Vanilla (Sentiment) - Hand Cut just outside the line
Night of Navy - Punched with Tailored Tag Punch

I fussy cut a bow tie from the DSP matching the one used on this card.



Recipe - Card # 2 Below:
Very Vanilla - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Night of Navy - 5" x 3 3/4"
True Gentleman Designer Series Paper - 3 5/8" x 3"
True Gentleman Designer Series Paper - 3 5/8" x 2"  
   (when assembling, these two will overlap just a touch, but you will cover it with ribbon or cardstock)

Stamps: Truly Tailored
Ink:  Night of Navy


Very Vanilla (Sentiment) - Hand Cut just outside the line
Night of Navy - Punched with Tailored Tag Punch

I fussy cut a pair of glasses from the DSP matching the one used on this card.

The plan was to use the Night of Navy 3/8" Corduroy Ribbon, but when I packed everything to go stamp at a friends while making these, I forgot the ribbon so I used a piece of Night of Navy Cardstock instead.


Thank you looking in today.  Have a Blessed Sunday!

~ Donna



Product List

2 comments:

  1. I bought the paper as a preorder item. I didn't particularly like the stamp set so didn't buy it. I liked the punch but just didn't order it. Well, I saw the Succeed Magazine and fell in love with that card. So, now I want the stamp set for the lines around the sentiment, if anything, with the punch to go with and will just change out the sentiments as needed. I was looking at one of my new tea cannisters and the label is almost the same look. I definitely will be CASEing that card with the layers on it. I really am liking the Tranquil Tide all of a sudden. Your cards are fun.
    I did get the corduroy ribbon - I love the feel of it but have not used it yet.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Tranquil Tide with this paper, it seems to be just perfect for it. I didn't think to take it with me to Linda's though, and surprisingly she didn't have it. I thought she had ALL the colors! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors