Friday, March 23, 2018

Lemon Cart

I spotted the idea for today's card on Brian King's blog and knew I had to make it!  Thank you Brian!  I had a couple of little changes, but the credit goes to Brian for sure!

When I purchased the Let the Good Times Roll Bundle, I really liked the cute drink cart, then when I spotted it being used by Brian, I knew just what needed to be done.


Recipe:
Daffodil Delight - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 5 1/4" x 4"
Daffodil Delight 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" - stamped with Daffodil Delight Lemon Slices
Flirty Flamingo - 4" x 3" (soon to retire, so grab it before it's gone!)
Basic Black - 3 5/8" x 2 5/8"
Whisper White 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

Stamps:
Let the Good Times Roll
Lemon Zest

Ink:
Memento Black
Daffodil Delight
Soft Suede
Flirty Flamingo


Start by stamping the sentiment and cart on the Whisper White piece.  I used Memento Black and Soft Suede.

Then stamp the cart again in Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo on a scrap of Whisper White.  You only need to stamp the parts you need in those colors since you will be fussy cutting them.


Clearly, I needed to add more ink to Flirty Flamingo.  It's that time of year, when I like to re-ink my pads, make them all new again for the new catalog year.


After you fussy cut the awning and lemonade glasses, the best way to put them onto the cart is to put the adhesive onto where you will be placing the cut piece.  See below for placing the heart.  The heart is punched from the Cookie Cutter Builder punch.


First add the glue - just a tiny dot (above) and then add the heart (below).


A little tip I wanted to share again.  I've shared before, but it's a good one to remember.  If you decide to add something more to the inside of the card, but you've already adhered it to the base, simply use some post it notes to cover the base and stamp away. 



Perfect! 


Thank you for looking in today.  It's finally Friday!!!

~ Donna



2 comments:

  1. Very cute. I saw Brian's too. I had no idea where the little lemonade cart came from! I think the little glasses and the heart makes even more special. That black mat really makes the whole think pop more than Brian's. Shhh...don't tell Brian I said that! Have a good weekend.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had NO idea how tiny those little glasses were until I had to snip them. LOL Everything looks bigger on the computer! I was surprised Brian didn't do a mat, he does a mat for so many things. It thought about doing the mats in Soft Suede, but thought the black looked better.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors