Saturday, March 10, 2018

My Birthday Child in Honduras

Today I'm sharing a card that I made for my Sponsored Child in Honduras.  A couple of years ago I decided to join up with Compassion International through the Christian Radio Station I've been listening to for years now.  When trying to figure out a child I wanted to Sponsor, I found out that I could choose one that shared the same birthday as mine.  There were only a couple of them at the time, but one of them was a girl and since I have two son's, it was an easy choice!

Her name is Litzy and she's 10 years old going to be 11 years old on May 25th this year. Because it takes SO LONG to get mail back and forth (I just received her letter written in October), now is the time to send her birthday greeting to her.  I decided I wanted to make a card - even though they provide paper with birthday greetings or you can write to them online, but this year, she gets this fun card below.  Hopefully it arrives in time!


Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Melon Mambo - 4" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White - 3 1/2" x 5"

Stamps: We Must Celebrate
Ink:  Archival Black, Bermuda Bay
Stampin' Blends:  Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Bronze
Stampin' Write (for confetti) - a variety!


I hope she likes it!  It was fun to make and it just seemed like a perfect card.

If you would be interested in sponsoring a child, check out their website:  Compassion International.  The cost is very affordable, only $38.00 per month and the joy you can bring to a child who has little to no hope, is worth 10 times that amount.  They will write to you and you can write to them and send gifts through the program.  I look forward to the letters I receive and I sure enjoyed making this card for her.


Thank you for looking in today.  Have a Happy Saturday!  I'll be stamping with friends at Kathy's workshop today!  Yayyy!!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Fun card. I am sure she will like it. Do they have squirrels there? I would be glad to give them some of ours! They are eating the bark off the trees and breaking off the limbs again.

    Have a great time today and I hope you share what you make!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I don't know if they have squirrels or not! They eat the bark off the trees? Sounds like you need to feed your squirrels so they don't have to eat the trees! ha ha ha!

      I'll be sure to share pictures of today's event.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors