Monday, March 5, 2018

Petal Passion Tri-Panel Coloring

I'm so excited to post this card, finally.  I had seen this design done by another demonstrator with this Petal Passion Designer Series Paper, but after I made the panels, according to their measurements, I found out their measurements were wrong!  Ack!  So I set them aside and came back to them this weekend.  Rather than trying to figure out the right measurements, I went with the tri-panel card I made for my youngest son's birthday.  That card can be seen HERE






Recipe for today's card:
Bermuda Bay - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4
Basic Black - 5" x 3 3/4"
Petal Passion Designer Series Paper - 3 1/2" x 1 1/2"

The Designer Series Paper is simply black and white.  The color comes from the Stampin' Blends and they really add some beautiful color to this paper!

I used Calypso Coral, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Pink Pirouette.  The background was colored with the light version of Pool Party.  A word of advice on coloring.  It is very very easy and goes together well, but don't stop in the middle of an open place and then come back to finish.  You'll see in the far right panel the background Pool Party has a definite dark spot where I started again.




Thank you for looking in today.  I'm sorry this didn't post at midnight, as usual, but hubby and I were playing mechanic trying to get his battery connected back  to the truck.  No luck, but maybe we'll have better luck later today or tonight.

Happy Monday! 

~ Donna



2 comments:

  1. Oh I like this! I was making a tri-panel card once and the measurements given were wrong too. Maybe that is why I don't like to make them besides getting them to line up perfectly. Seems you don't have the problem! Love how you colored it and I don't mind the darker patch in the background at all. Gives it character and shows it was done by you and not manufactured. Also, it reminds me of a watercolor background. So, go with it as it looks really pretty the way you colored it. I like the sentiment font too. Really pretty and colorful!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now you have the measurements so you can make them too!! I really enjoy the coloring. It is so relaxing to me and with the Stampin' Blends it's even prettier.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors