Monday, November 12, 2018

Merry and Bright Catalog Casing

Still working long hours, but finally took some time today to do some crafting.  Sadly, my brain needed a jump start so I picked a stamp set and picked up my Holiday Catalog and here's what I came up with.  A little bit of CASEing the catalog and a little bit of my own ideas.

To get the tree branches I used Christmas Staircase Thinlits and Garden Green card stock.  I'm not sure what was used in the catalog, but I like these thinlits.  I lightly sponged matching inks under the bulbs to give a bit of a glow.



Recipe:
Real Red - 8 1/2" X 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4
Garden Green - 5 1/2" x 2 1/4"

Whisper White - 5" x 3 1/4"
Galvanized Metallic Paper - for top of bulb punch
Whisper White Scraps - for stamping and punching bulbs
Real Red 3/8" Mixed Satin Ribbon


Inside I stamped the string of lights with Garden Green and colored them in with Stampin' Write Markers (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green and Pool Party).  The sentiment is stamped in Garden Green.


A little confession, I forgot to stamp the string of lights BEFORE adhering the Whisper White inside, so I took two small post-it notes and placed them up against the Whisper White so I could stamp without getting any onto to the Real Red.

Worked like a charm!


Thank you for looking in today!  We still have some long hours to finish up the counting process, but I'm hoping to still be able to post each day.  Fingers Crossed!

Happy Monday!  Hug a Veteran today - Veteran's Day may have been officially Sunday, but we celebrate again today as a work holiday... for some.

~ Donna

Product List

2 comments:

  1. Bright and cheery. It took my hours to make a card for Brian King's one for one swap. I just could not remember where I had seen a couple things like the sparkly candy cane I wanted to use. Duh, today I looked in the M&M Holiday set of cards and there were the candy canes I wanted to use as well as something else. But, I had to put the card in the mail yesterday so I fussy cut a little present instead. Whatever..... Hope you get rested up from the election. I can not imagine the process in such a large city. More later.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Chris! Hey, I apologize for not replying sooner. Blogger has made some changes and I wasn't getting notifications when comments were made. I think I have it fixed, I hope!

      Plus, then they sent them to my spam folder! Ack!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors