Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Fun Fold Baby Card

This past weekend I was feel adventurous and looking for some Fun Fold card ideas when I came across this one from Lisa Curcio from last summer!  This was so easy to make and Lisa has a very easy to follow video on her page.

Her card was for a little boy, so I had to find my colors and patterns to go with a little girl.  The frit one I made was the Grapefruit Grove, but I felt it was too much Grapefruit Grove, so I made a second one using Blushing Bride.  Like I said, they are very easy to make!


Recipe:

The Card:
Blushing Bride - 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Line up the folded edge of the cardstock on your trimmer at 1 1/4".  Cut down to the 1 1/2" mark.  
Flip the cardstock over and repeat on the other side.
Connect the two lower cut lines to create the top opening of the overalls

The Straps:
Blushing Bride - 1 1/4" x 2 1/4" - Cut Two
Use the Detailed Trio Punch to round the bottom corners of the two straps

The Pocket:
I used the 2018-2020 In Color Designer Series Paper - 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"
Trim the bottom edges to form a pocket.  I just used by scissors but you could also use the Tailored Tag Punch.



Run the front of the card and the strap pieces through the Big Shot with your embossing folder of choice.  I used Quilt Top and did my best on the 2nd card (the Blushing Bride) to line the straps up in the same place as they were for the main card so they lined up nicely.


Stamps - Sweet Baby Bundle - 
Stamp the baby and appropriate headgear for your baby choice (boy or girl) and color with Stampin Blends then cut with matching dies.  THIS SET IS RETIRING - so be sure to grab it before it's gone!

I attached the baby to the inside of the pocket - oh and remember - you don't have to color all of the baby, just the part that will be sticking out.  Pop the pocket up with Stampin' dimensionals.



Isn't this just adorable!?  Thank You Lisa for such a cute project and great details.

Thank you all for checking in today.  Be sure to take a minute and say hello.  I love to see your comments!

~ Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors