Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Dutch Door Swap Card

This is the card I made for our Team Swap on Monday night.  I first made this on April 25th and decided I wanted to make it for my swap.  Boy was that a LOT of work, but worth it because I'm really happy with how it came out.  You can see the original card HERE.



Recipe Measurements:
Base - Real Red - 8" x 7 1/8" - see below for template for folding and cutting

Whisper White:
3 3/4" x 3" - front panel
4 1/4" x 3 1/2" inside panel
1 7/8" x 1 1/2" (cut four) small panels

Basic Black:
4" x 3 1/4" - front panel
4 1/2" x 3 3/4" - inside panel
2 1/8" x 1 3/4" (cut four) small panels
3 3/4" x 2 1/8" (cut 2) inside and outside vertical panels

Designer Series Paper - Classic Garage (retiring - grab it soon if you like it!)
3 1/2" x 1 7/8" (cut 2) inside and outside vertical panels


I love that this stamp set is carrying over and that it has so many great stamps to fill all the panels.  So fun!



Start with a piece of cardstock - 8" x 7 1/8"

On the 8" side, score at 2" and 6", then turn to the left (counter clockwise) and score at 2 3/8" from top to bottom.  Turn all the way around and score at 2 3/8" but only to the 2" and 6" scores you made first.  See Below.

The panels with the X on them, you will remove completely, just snip them out.  Be careful to snip the correct ones... ask me how I know.  LOL


This is how it will look when it is cut and scored.


Then add the panels that are made with the Whisper White and Basic Black.

I'd love to see some of the ideas that you come up with!

Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Hump Day - it's MAY!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I am working backwards on the comments. Thanks for the directions and measurements. I will have to make one sometime. This set is perfect for a card like this will all the fold out pieces. Love that car on the front. I still need to get this bundle but I think I will have to buy them later separately as there are still so many things I want that I know I will use.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris - backwards, forwards, either way! This can be used so many ways. Like with the one Marie made in our swap, she didn't put something on both sides, so if you don't have enough stamps for every place, they can certainly be left plain.

      Have fun making them!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors