Thursday, April 25, 2019

Dutch Door Fun Fold

I found this great "new to me" fold and wanted to share it with you.  This really comes together fairly quickly - the hard part is deciding the stamps you want to use.  I ended up using four different sets!  Yikes!

Dawn Griffith's video is where I found my inspiration.  I have all the measurements written below, but you will want to watch the video for how to do the base of the card.  It's very easy, but my brain may not explain it well enough.  


Recipe Measurements:
Base - Gorgeous Grape - 8" x 7 1/8" - see video for scoring and folding (beginning at the 10:48 mark).

Whisper White:
3 3/4" x 3" - front panel
4 1/4" x 3 1/2" inside panel
1 7/8" x 1 1/2" (cut four) small panels

Granny Apple Green:
4" x 3 1/4" - front panel
4 1/2" x 3 3/4" - inside panel
2 1/8" x 1 3/4" (cut four) small panels
3 3/4" x 2 1/8" (cut 2) inside and outside vertical panels

Designer Series Paper - How Sweet It Is
3 1/2" x 1 7/8" (cut 2) inside and outside vertical panels


Stamps I used:
Birthday Delivery
Blow Out the Candles
Playful Backgrounds
Sweetest Thing


Stamp, Color and Assemble.  Isn't that fun!?


I'm going to be playing with this fold for some other ideas - hopefully with less stamps, but this was a late night adventure after dropping the Graduation Owls and Stamps off to Meghan.  She really loved them and I'm so happy we made them for her.  It made my day as much as it made hers I think.

Thank you for looking in today - it's Friday Eve!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it would be fun to create but I can just see me fussing over what to use color-wise and stamp sets. I need to check out her video. Thanks Donna, I missed it.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! Colors would be easy, once you pick out a DSP to use. It's the stamps that can be daunting since you need all sizes! The video is good and easy to follow.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors