Monday, April 1, 2019

Blow Out the Candles

Time to CASE the Catalog!  Since we all need birthday cards pretty much all the time, I thought this would be a fun one to do. 

I chose to use one of our retiring In Colors - Lemon Lime Twist - besides it's such a fun bright color to celebrate with.  I'm going to miss this color when it goes away!


Recipe:
Lemon Lime Twist - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4" - embossed with Simple Stripes
Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4" - die cut with the confetti framelit that comes in the bundle
Basic Black - die cut with the largest Scallop Circle from Layering Circles Die
Whisper White - die cut with the largest Stitched Shapes Circle Die
Whisper White - scraps for stamping and die cutting the cake, cake plate, balloon and sentiment.

When attaching the front to the card base, I used full size Stampin' Dimensionals just inside the circle.  I could have used some mini dimensionals near the edges, but I think this works okay and gives a nice shadow.


This would look good with any color combination, just pick the cake colors to go with whatever card base colors you choose.

Remember the inside!  I popped up the balloon with a Stampin' Dimensional.


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Monday!

~ Donna


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors