Friday, April 12, 2019

Casing the Occasions

Today's card is a bit of a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) from the Occasions Catalog on page 31.  I changed up the stamp set to Bella and Friends.


Recipe:
Whisper White Thick cardstock - 4 1/4" x 11, scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Gingham Gala - 4" x 5 1/4"
Whisper White - 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" Rectangle Stitched Framelit
Daffodil Delight - smallest Rectangle Stitched Framelit
Whisper White with Sizzix Adhesive Sheets - die cut with Springtime Impressions Thinlits


I colored Bella with the Light and Dark Soft Suede Stampin' Blends.  To stamp the "grass" behind Bella, I stamped Bella a 2nd time on a square post-it note and then carefully cut around the bottom of Bella (feet, tail, etc) and then placed the post it over the Stamped Bella on the rectangle.  In other words, I "masked" over Bella so I could stamp the grass and it would stamp in between her feet and tail.

Stamps - Bella and Friends, Waterfront (grass)
Ink - Memento Black and Granny Apple Green


If you look very closely at the Springtime Impressions, you might notice something.  When I placed the adhesive on the paper, I put the die on the wrong side (the adhesive side) and I should have put it on the paper side.  SO, when I went to pull off the backing, I found it was on the wrong side.  Ugh!  I need to work with that stuff more often to get this right!  LOL


And... of course, I did two of them, both the same way, wrong! 


Thank you for looking in today!  Have a great weekend.  I'm so happy it's Friday!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Look at all the fun Bella cards! So cute!

    Last week Teddy went to an Easter Egg hunt for dogs unofficially. So funny as the plastic eggs had holes on top so they could smell the treats. The first one he managed to really crack it open. I think they can still reuse them. People were taking the eggs home but they were to hand them back in as they were reusable. Cute little duck shaped treats in some of them. Teddy only had a 4 or 5 since he was not officially registered and I didn't have any money on me. He had fun playing with a couple basset sisters too.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lot of fun for Teddy! What a great idea to do something like that with treats inside. How fun!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors