Monday, April 15, 2019

One Last Easter Treat


One more Easter Treat before moving on to the Retiring List which will be out very soon.  Stay tuned!

I've been wanting to make something with these cute carrot chocolates since last year, but they were always sold out.  So when I saw them early this year, I snagged them!


The pattern was actually for a smaller item, so I had to reconfigure the measurements.  I'm not crazy about working with numbers, so this was a challenge, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out.


Sorry for the blurry picture on this first one.  I thought I had a clearer one.

Begin with a piece of card stock 2" x 7 3/8"
Score at 4 1/2", 2 3/8" and 3/8"


Cut another piece of card stock 2" x 2 1/2".


Pick your Designer Series Paper - this is Painted Seasons - and cut it 2" x 5" - it will end up shorter once you punch the TOP of the DSP with Scallop Tag Punch.  If you have a pattern that needs to be in a certain direction such as the one below, be sure to cut and score so the top is at the right end.

Score from the bottom at 7/8", 1 3/8" 2 5/8" and 3 1/8".

On the top fold, punch in the center with the 1/2" circle punch. 


On the bottom fold, punch in the center with the 3/4" circle punch



Attach the small piece of cardstock to the large one after folding as shown below.


Attach the DSP starting at the bottom, pop out the folded part so there is room for the treat to go inside and then when attaching to the top, only put a little line of glue, just after top fold because only part of it attaches to the small piece of cardstock.






Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Monday - oh and it's TAX DAY - hope you have yours done and filed!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors