Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rock Around the Clock with Classic Rock!

I spotted this idea early Saturday morning and simply had to do my version of it.  The original came from Pam Steckman who actually got the idea from her Mother.  Way to go Mom!

I changed up the colors and the albums and am really happy how it turned out.


The base card is Bermuda Bay.  I chose it because it reminds me of a beautiful classic truck in our neighborhood and since this is about "classic rock" it seemed perfect.  The Chevron embossed card stock is our new Smoky Slate and it seemed more like a chrome bumper - to go with the classic truck, of course!

Pam used three records with the primary colors but I wanted to dress it up with some other colors, although it looks like primary colors here.  The centers are actually Daffodil Delight, Raspberry Ripple, Pacific Point and Basic Gray.

The "Albums" are punched from Basic Black using 1 3/8" Circle Punch (119860) and the "Labels" are punched with the 1/2" Circle Punch (119869).  The tiny black dot is from the Owl Builder Punch (118074).

Final touch was using my White Stampin' Chalk Marker (132133) from the Holiday Catalog.

Bringing it all together is the sentiment from Bombs Away Birthday Photopolymer Stamp Set (133411) our totally CLEAR clear mount stamps.  I LOVE THESE STAMPS!  I wish all our our stamps were like these.  SO easy to use and so easy to put exactly where we want them on the page, not to mention they take up so little room in our clear mount cases.

Thank you for following me and for looking in today.  

Hugs ~ Donna

1 comment:

  1. That is soooo cute!!! Now I just might have to buy that darn stamp set :/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors