Sunday, September 15, 2013

Carbs, Schmarbs! for Masculine Carbs... Cards!

Everyone needs a little humor in their life and with Yippee-Skippee! there are several opportunities for some great humorous cards!  

Needing some masculine cards, I pulled out Gorgeous Grunge from page 109 in the Annual Catalog and Yippee-Skippee! from page 37.  

I used 3 different colors of ink for the Grunge, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede and Sahara Sand and then just splattered those stamps all over the card base of Crumb Cake.  For the outside sentiment I applied marker to stamp with Cherry Cobbler and Pacific Point, gave it a little "huff" of moist air and stamped it onto Very Vanilla.  I then used Cajun Craze again to make the frame around the sentiment.



Inside I pulled out the old faithful Bring on the Cake from page 14.  Found the perfect stamp with the Happy Birthday and the dreaded carb-loaded cake!  Look at all those candles!

I hope you enjoyed today's card.  I had fun making them and will probably make some more to have around for those men in our lives that everyone stumbles over making the perfect card.

Card Stock:  Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede
Stampin' Write Markers:  Cherry Cobbler and Pacific Point
Yippee-Skippee! (w-131341 / c-131344), Gorgeous Grunge (w-130514 / c-130517), Bring on the Cake (w-128490 / c-121958)

Thanks for looking in today.  Have a blessed Sunday!

~ Donna

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Just right for those always difficult men, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO I CAN COMMENT! LOL Beautiful masculine card, LOVE how you made a frame with that grunge stamp!! :) way to go Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danita - those difficult men... goodness knows... LOL

    Lorri - WOO hoo you can comment!! Yayy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors