Sunday, September 1, 2013

Flower Shop or Secret Garden?

There are two great flower stamp sets out right now and it is very hard to decide which one I like best, so I'll let you see what you think.  One set coordinates with the Pansy Punch (130698) and one set coordinates with Secret Garden Framelits (129372).

Personally, I love both sets, but I have to say I love the ease of using the punch so much better.  

I saw this version with the Secret Garden on Susan Itell's Blog Simple Stampin' - Thank You Susan!!  I love how it turned out and then I tried it again with the Flower Shop Set.

Here is Secret Garden using Secret Garden Framelits:


Here is Flower Shop using the Pansy Punch and the Bird Builder Punch (for the leaves):



Here you can see the top layer a bit better, see the curves of the flower petals. 

Here you can see my helper (Buster), trying to flatten the flowers as he wants my attention or something to snack on, I'm not sure!

Here are the details.  It really is a very easy card to put together.

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Rose Red, Garden Green
Stamps:  Secret Garden (w-131940 / c-129144), Flower Shop (w-130939 / c-130942), Lots of Thanks (w-129687 / c-129690)
Ink:  Rose Red Stamp Pad, Garden Green Stampin' Write Pen
Extras:  Secret Garden Framelits (129372), Pansy Punch (130698), Bird Builder Punch (117191)

A little tip for putting the nice thin line of Garden Green ink on just perfectly.  This is the first thing you want to do before putting any flowers on or stamping the sentiment.  Take your piece of Whisper White card stock and line it up on a line on your grid paper.  Line a ruler up on the grid line one up from the bottom and carefully draw your line nice and straight using the writing end of the pen.  Do this on all four sides and you have a perfectly lined card!

I'd love to be your Stampin' Up! Consultant if you don't already have one.  You can order any of the listed items above from my website, or by emailing me (StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com) directly for more information or help with ordering.  

Thanks for looking in today!  Happy Sunday!

~ Donna


1 comment:

  1. Maybe Buster just wanted to tiptoe through the tulips, er the pansies.

    Love the cards. I too think the punches are simpler than getting the Big Shot out and fooling with it though. The easier the better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors