Sunday, September 29, 2013

Another Thank You - Clear PhotoPoly

I just love the colors of fall - even though we don't get to see the beautiful changing trees as much here in Phoenix.  So, I decided to make a card with fall colors to help me enjoy them!

This is a super simple card and I really love the Masking Tape Technique.  It comes out different every time, just by changing the size and pressure on the ink.

For this card I used Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla card stock.  The Cajun Craze is cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  The Very Vanilla is 5 1/4" x 4".


I used Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Pear Pizzazz for the paint stripes.  Simply use a piece of the blue painters tape found at any hardware store (we prefer Ace rather than the big box home improvement - just to give the little guys the business) and gently lay it across the ink pad of choice and rub gently, then place it on card stock press gently and lift carefully.

The THANK YOU is from Another Thank You Clear Photopolymer stamp set.  LOVE the Photopolies!  It was stamped with Cajun Craze to match the card stock.  When stamping a large stamp like this one, be sure to ink it well and for best results I stand so I can put even pressure across the whole stamp.  Another great thing about the CLEAR stamps is being able to see if it's stamping fully or not.

Take some Linen Thread and wrap it around the corner.  I snipped a small piece into the card stock so it would stay on without sliding off.


Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Card Stock:  Cajun Craze, Whisper White
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz, Cajun Craze
Stamps:  Another Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set (133454)
Linen Thread (104199)
Extras:  Blue Painters Tape

Thank you for looking in today.  May you have a blessed Sunday.

~ Donna

** September 29, 2013 (would have been my Mom's 89th Birthday **  
I miss you Mom... Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Love the tape technique. I recently did this one myself. Love the autumn colors you used here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors