Sunday, June 30, 2013

Window Sheet Watercolor Transfer - Lovely as a Tree

I saw this technique on Thursday and just had to try it!  It took me a couple of tries with the color choices, but I think it came out pretty good.  Thanks to Angie Leach for the Watercolor Transfer technique!


  • The card starts with a base of Gumball Green cut at 11" x 4 1/4" and scored at 5 1/2" for a different fold from what I usually do.  
  • The next layer is Chocolate Chip cut at 5" x 3 3/4", 
  • Then a layer from Epic Day This and That DSP (130814) and 
  • Stamped it with the Woodgrain background stamp (w-128763 / c-127808) using Early Espresso Ink.


  • The stamped image is on Watercolor Paper (122959) cut to 3 5/8" x 3 1/4" with a 
  • Mat of Chocolate Chip cut to 3 3/4" x 3 3/8".


To make the Window Sheet Watercolor Transfer:

  • On a piece of Window Sheet (114323), use the brush trip end of Stampin' Write markers. I used Marina Mist and Old Olive. 
  • Mist the Window Sheet with water using a Stampin' Spritzer (126185).  Spritz 2 - 3 times, holding the spritzer about 12 inches away.
  • Carefully turn the Window Sheet over and place it onto the Watercolor paper.  Press down to transfer the ink to the paper evenly, but leaving it a bit patchy.



After the background is dry, stamp the Lovely as a Tree image over the top of the Marina Mist and Old Olive with Chocolate Chip, you want it to be a bit light, not over inked or you won't be able to color the leaves over it.  I tried it with Early Espresso, but it was too dark.  Then I used Garden Green and Chocolate Chip to color the leaves and the trunk.


I placed a piece of 5/8" Crochet Trim (118481) across the bottom and then added a beautiful Antique Brad (117273).  The tree and mat were popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).

Give this technique a try, I think you will like the results.

Thanks for looking in.

~ Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors