Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me!

Ok... so you should all know that if it isn't Stampin' Up! I don't blog about it.  I may use it on something personal, but my blog is strictly SU!

Until now...

Today is my birthday and I think hubby loves it more than I do, and I love my birthday.  Birthdays and Holidays are always early with this man, he can't stand to wait when he has something to give as a gift.  Bless his heart!  ha ha ha!

So, it wasn't quite midnight and he said, "I know it's not quite your birthday yet..." and I'm thinking okay, here he goes, early gift.  LOL "... but I want to give you this before you kill me."  WHAT?  He turns and looks at my "non-SU" stamps I have on my wall.  I'm thinking, OMG, what did he do?   Well, he made me a card and didn't know how to clean the stamps!  Is that adorable or what?  They were pretty inky, but we got them clean.


Oh wait, there's a little bit of SU here.  He used Memento Black Ink and a piece of my NEW In-Color cardstock - Sweet Sugarplum.  The outside is blank (we'll work on that) this is inside six different kitties from various stamps collected Pre-SU and one doggie paw print for our dog that thinks he's a cat.


Here are my contributions for today.  I believe I saw these on Billie Moan's blog.  There are so many great ones out there using the Swirly Scribbles and I love them all.

Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Night of Navy - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 5" x 3 3/4"
Sweet Sugarplum - for Swirly Scribble Flowers
Emerald Envy - for Swirly Scribble Leaves
Sweet Sugarplum Ink
Swirly Bird Stamp Set - for dots under flowers.
Wink of Stella (only used on one, but I will be adding it to the other one)
3/8" Ruched Ribbon - Sweet Sugarplum



See how beautiful the Wink of Stella looks on the card above?  I think this is my favorite way to bling up everything!

I left the sentiment off so I could make it whatever I want when I need a card.  This would work for just about anything.


Thank you for looking in today.  I've got the day off from the office so we're going out and doing all kinds of fun things, including going out to dinner with hubby, my oldest son and his girlfriend, then this weekend dinner with my youngest son - that is if I ever get to bed, it's nearly one a.m.!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. From the Kids with no thumbs - so funny! So touching that he made the card and asked for help on cleaning the stamps. That is so sweet! Mike still doesn't "GET" the whole idea of making cards. Whatever, at least he keeps mine for the most part. Must be hereditary - his dad always says - that is real nice as he drops it on the table and pockets the gift card and on to the next item.

    I love the scribble cards so fun. To bling or not to bling? Whatever time allows. Leaving of the sentiment so you can use when you need to and just add that part is a great idea.

    I am sure you will have a happy birthday. Sounds like you will have fun day and then again this weekend. Please get some sleep in there sometime! Again, happy birthday and many more!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very good thing they don't have thumbs, or we'd have a disaster on our hands. LOL

      Mark loves my cards, so that's a good thing. I wish I could get him to craft with me. I think he'd find it relaxing... but then, it might stress me out.

      My birthday was fun. Had a great time with my eldest and his girlfriend. She is adorable and they are so cute together. Tomorrow (Saturday) it will be pizza with my youngest.

      Thank you again!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors