Monday, May 16, 2016

Love Me Some Ladybugs

This stamp with two precious ladybugs is exactly why I selected this Hostess set as a pre-order item.  Aren't they just adorable?


They were stamped onto Real Red cardstock with Memento Black and then fussy cut out.  Then I stamped them again onto Whisper White and used my Multipurpose Glue to attach the red bugs.  Perfect!


The polka dots come from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack.   I also added the dots to the envelope flap.  The flap should always be decorated when there's pretty paper to use, don't you think?  To cover the flap, simply take a piece of your DSP (Designer Series Paper) with a clean straight edge.  Place a thin line of Multipurpose Liquid glue along the outside edge of the flap.  Lay the straight edge along the fold of the flap, gently press the paper to the flap.  

Flip it over and trim around the flap edge, making the DSP the same size as the flap itself.



Recipe:
Whisper White Thick cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White cardstock - 5 1/4" x 4"
Brights Designer Series Paper - 4" x 2"

Stamps - Hostess Set:  Love You Lots


So far I've just used these two sentiments with this, but there are a couple more in the set that will look great with this too.  Be sure to come back and see!


Thank you for looking in today!  We're off to a big week here with a Statewide Special Election on Tuesday.  If you find me missing, it will be because we'll be working long, long hours.  Sigh.  The overtime is nice though, it means I can buy more Stampin' Up!  (tee  hee!)

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Awww, too cute! What do they call a male lady bug? I never really thought about it. Anyway, the envelope is perfect and I love the red polka dot panel on the card as well. We can use a lot of sentiments on this sweet card such as thank you, feeling better, etc.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose the male ladybug has issues! LOL I just love them though, they are so sweet and small and they tickle when they land on you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors