Sunday, March 26, 2017

Basket Bunch Bunnies

Let me give you a BIG tip that you will thank me for!  Anytime you place an order, whether it is with me or another Demonstrator, be sure if you are ordering a Bundle (such as one with stamps and thinlits) that you be SURE you put in the BUNDLE number.  Trust me on this, and here is why.

Recently I placed an order for things I wanted to use for my workshop yesterday (Saturday).  I didn't open the box right away because I was waiting until I cleaned up my craft area and the house was clean and ready for the party.  When I sat down to open the box and start my projects, I discovered I only ordered the stamps.  I couldn't believe it!!  To the rescue, my downline and partner in crime, Marie Colby.  I knew she had the thinlits and she was coming to the workshop.  Yayyy!

Thank you again Marie for your help.  I wouldn't have been able make this adorable card without your assistance.


Whisper White - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 4"
Succulent Garden - 3" x 3"
Whisper White - Die cut with the largest square from Stitched Shapes Framelits

Garden Green - Grass
Soft Suede - Basket
Whisper White - Bunny
Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack (out of stock now - sooo sad!)  Eggs.

Inside and an extra bunny stamped with Memento Black and I actually hand cut this one before Marie arrived with the dies.


Let me show you a couple of secrets on putting this together.  Cut the grass in half so it fills the square better.  Adhere it to the die cut square.


When you cut the basket, there are two to cut.  One is a solid and one has the basket weave.  Adhere the solid over the grass.


Next, add liquid glue ONLY on the outside edge of the basket weave and place it over the solid basket.  



Leaving the top of the basket open, allows you to put the eggs and bunny inside, so it looks more like a real basket.

 Isn't it adorable?  I just love it and I think the girls did too!


Thank you for looking in today.  Have a Blessed Sunday!

~ Donna



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Eggcellent! I didn't realize the basket hand was a separate piece. It would make putting things in the basket easier. I guess I saw the bundle but didn't pay a lot of attention to it. I love the chocolate saying on the inside. I am glad Marie could come to your rescue. I love the gingham and the stitched framelit you used. Very cute. Oh, and another tip - watch the code if there is a French or Spanish version too. I think that used to be easily done when all the codes were under the stamp and now you have to hit other languages or something to get those codes. I remember several of my friends ended up with foreign language sets!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris!

      I had a customer a couple of years ago that ended up with a French stamp. SU exchanged it for her with no trouble, as I recall. Yes, it used to be very easy to do. You really have to pay attention!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors