Friday, October 4, 2019

Triangle Treat Boxes

I saw these Triangle Treat Boxes on Angie Leach's blog and knew I had to make them.  I decided to make mine as Halloween Treats, but I see Christmas and Valentine's versions in my future.  They really are very easy to make and are so cute!  

Inside I've placed a treat size Payday and 2 Reeses' mini cups.




Begin with a piece of cardstock - 7" x 9 3/4".

Along the 7" side score at 2" and 5"
Along the 9 3/4" side score at 1 3/4", 4 1/4" and 7 1/4"

Cut out the pieces where the "X" is marked.


It will look like this when scored and cut.  (Please ignore the "oops" score line).  The two small sides that are sticking out will need to be scored at an angle for folding.  You can't see it well in this picture but there's a small pencil mark at 1 1/2" marking the middle of each area.


Place the mark on your trimmer and using the scoring piece, score from that dot to the corner as shown in the picture below.


When finished, you'll have 4 marks, 2 on each in the shape of a triangle.


Using the corner trio punch, round the corners on the long end. This will be the flap the closes over the front.


Using your bone folder, crease each score line with a nice crisp fold.


Place Tear and Tape on the two corners towards the non-rounded flap.


Bring that front flap up to the adhesive and making sure it is lined up, press it down.  Do this on both sides.


Now, to decorate!  Pick your Designer Series Paper - I used Monster Bash from the 2019 Holiday Catalog.  Cut two pieces 2 3/4" x 2 1/4" and one piece 2 3/4" x 1 1/2".  Round the corners of the 1 1/2" piece.


Before you attach the DSP, you'll want to add some magnets.  I've only been able to find them online and thankfully I had some from previous projects.  There are two sizes.  If you can find the small ones I think they will be better, but the larger ones work just fine.  They are by Basic Grey.


I attached the one with the "negative" on first.  Peel off the sticker and place it where you will want it to be on your box.  You can place it inside or outside.  Outside it will be covered with the DSP.

To place the "positive" you will need to use glue dots on the side that does not have the "+" sticker.  Make sure before you add the glue dots, see how they stick together, just in case.


These are nice and strong and will hold it together quite well.


Using liquid glue or Tear and Tape, place the DSP onto the box.   I also had some "Wobble" springs and cut out pieces from the DSP 

Add some ribbon and you're done!  Well, after you fill them with goodies of course!


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Friday!!

~ Donna


2 comments:

  1. I love this! I don't know if I can make 150 of these by Halloween or not? But, it would be fun trying! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 150 would be a lot, but hey, get an assembly line going and you'll be done before you know it! LOL

      Thanks so much for commenting! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors