Sunday, November 17, 2019

Happy Birthday Big Ed!

A dear friend of mine is turning 100 years old this week!  If you saw him, you would never believe he's a century old!  I think his longevity comes from his pound cake... He made the BEST pound cake for special occasions and oh boy did we ever look forward to those days.

Now, because this is a special event, I simply had to use the retired Large Numbers dies as there is no better way to celebrate 100 years!  Apparently the "celebrate" is retired too, but I missed marking that one.  Oh well, this is special and if you have it Use It!!


Recipe:
Night of Navy - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4
Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4" - cut 2 (one inside panel)
Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper - 1 3/4" x 4"

Stamps:  Sailing Home, Here's a Card
Ink:  Night of Navy


Thank you for looking in today.  I can't believe I managed to get this made today (Saturday).  Today has been spent running from one kind of doctor to another, to another.  For those of you who follow regularly, you know about our little dog Nike.  Well this morning he wasn't feeling well so I managed to get him into the Vet.  It helps that we only 1/2 mile away.  Nike is anemic, his gums had very little color and they should be a nice pink color.  We don't know why just yet, we've done blood work and have him on some meds.  He seems a little chipper tonight, but not much.  I managed to get him to eat some chicken and his gums look a little pinker, so I'm very hopeful.  Keep him in your prayers please.  He's 13 years old and we just love him so much!

Have a blessed Sunday!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Your friend will love this special card. Wow, 100 years old. Gotta love a good pound cake! Big hugs and prayers for Nike to get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. Once you've had his pound cake no other compares! Nike seems a bit better. At least he's eating drinking poopin' and peein'. LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors