Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Do You Doodle?

Do you doodle?  I doodle all the time, especially when I'm on the phone.  How about adding some doodle to your stamping?  I spotted this idea by Connie Stewart and instantly knew I had to try it.

I recently heard about Zentangle and looked it up, but just couldn't get into the tight patterns and process, but when I saw this and Connie calling it ZenDoodle, I loved it.  Thanks Connie!


I decided to go with more traditional colors than Connie and I'm really pleased with how they turned out.  The possibilities are endless.  You can do as much or as little as you want and it's doodling, so it doesn't have to be perfect - as you'll notice from one of my leaves below where I drew the line much bigger than the leaf.  Still looks great!


Recipe:

Stamp Set:  Crazy About You
Base - Blushing Bride - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Mat - Basic Black - 4 1/4" x 3" (wider mat); 4 1/8" x 2 7/8" (smaller mat)
Whisper White - 4" x 2 3/4"

1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon - Wild Wasabi

Here you can see the image before I doodled and after the doodle.  What a change, right?


Set yourself free and do a doodle!

Thank you for looking in today.  Let me know what you think.  I love to read your comments and I promise I'll reply back, so be sure to click the box "notify me" and you'll see when a reply is posted.

~ Donna

Remember, if you are reading this in an email, be sure to click on the link to y blog to see the items used in the card and click on any item to shop in my store.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Love what you did on these cards with your "doodling". I took a Zentangle class and had lots of fun, but didn't think about doing it on our SU stamps. Thanks for sharing all your ideas and techniques. Glenda J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda, Thank you so much! It was really fun to do and almost as relaxing as coloring is to me. I love to doodle, so I'll be doing more of these in other colors I think.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors