Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Love Is Kindness Watercolor

I saw this beautiful card idea by Angie Leach and just had to make some.  Thank you Angie, I needed your post to give my crafting a kick!  :)

I made a couple of changes but not too much.  I chose to use watercolor paper for the stamping on the cover and I used my Aqua Painter with the ink pressed inside the lid of my stamp pads.


My color choices were Blackberry Bliss, Strawberry Slush and Crisp Cantaloupe.

Recipe: 
Base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4".  Then trim 1 1/4" off the card front edge with the Stampin' Trimmer. 
Inside:  Very Vanilla 5 1/4" x 4" and stamp the tops of the tulips into the lower left corner. 
Cut a strip of Typeset Designer Series Paper 1 1/2" x 5 1/4" and adhere it to the right side of the Very Vanilla.

Watercolor Paper is cut at 3 3/4" x 2 3/4"
Basic Black is cut 4" x 3"

Be very careful adhering the Basic Black to the front of the card.  I nearly put liquid glue all the way to the corners and caught myself just in the nick of time!!  You could also use Stampin' Dimensionals to attach it for a little pop.

When painting on the watercolor paper I used my Aqua Painter and the ink on the inside of the stamp pad after gently squeezing the pad before opening it.  I find it works best to turn my stamped image upside down and pull the ink from the bottom to the top of the petals.  This way, the color is lighter at the tips.



I added Wild Wasabi Cotton Twine from the Painted Blooms 3 pack from the Occasions Catalog.

To add some extra glimmer, I used my glue pen along the lines of the tulips and sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds.


Now, the big question... which is your favorite color?  I like them all!  This could be made with just about any color in our line up, don't you think?

Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Hump Day!

~ Donna

If you are reading this in an email, be sure to go to my blog to see the items used in these cards.




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


2 comments:

  1. Love your cards, Donna! You're right, it would look great in any color. I like Blackberry Bliss the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Angie, thank you for stopping by! The Blackberry Bliss is such a nice rich color.

      Thank you again for your inspiration in making these!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors