Monday, April 27, 2015

Popcorn Box Tutorial

I promised you I'd show a tutorial for making the popcorn box from yesterday.  In order to make a proper tutorial, I needed to make it step by step, so I made a new box with new decorations.  Mostly because I didn't have the same accessories, but that's okay, I used new ones and I'm happy with the results.



Begin by cutting 4 (four) Fry Boxes using the Fry Box Bigz L (132966) and trim according to the pictures below.  

On the two that keep the flaps attached, you also need to remove a small snip from the flaps.  Click on the picture to enlarge it to see better.  Without removing that little bit, the box will not fit together properly.



DO NOT throw away the spare parts.  They will be used for making the "film strip", "popcorn" and tickets.

Using Work of Art stamp set (w-134111 / c-134114), stripe the box with Real Red.  Lay them out in alternating pieces (tabs, no tabs, tabs, no tabs).



Using either Liquid Tombow Glue (my adhesive of choice), Fast Fuse or Sticky Strip attach the four pieces together.





Put adhesive on the last flap and pulling the pieces together, complete your box sides.



Ta da!  

Now attach the bottom flaps together.  The first two pieces just require a little bit of glue on the edge, so don't overdo this part or you will be sticky all over!




Now you can go a little more crazy with the glue and add it across the bottom and fold over the last two flaps.


 Finished Box.


To make the filmstrip in my box, Cut a piece of Basic Black 1 1/4" wide and 3 1/2" long.  (Longer if you want  a longer film).  Punch 1" squares and center them onto the strip.


Make a little popcorn box using Cupcake Party for the box.  Stamp with Real Red and punch out using the Cupcake Builder.  Punch popcorn using the Boho Blossoms (retiring this year!) and sponge lightly with So Saffron ink.

Stamp a sentiment from Sumthin' Sumthin' (also retiring!) and punch it out with Ticket Duo Builder (also retiring! - UGH).  It just fits!  Also punch two extra tickets in Basic Black and attach to the back of the sentiment.  Otherwise, it just disappears into the background.  


Thank you to Lorri Heiling for this cute project and for the clothespins she gave us at our event!  It was so much fun and making my version stretched my imagination to use what I had available.

Thank you for looking in again today.  I appreciate your business and your support!

~ Donna

If you are reading this in an email, be sure to click on the link below that will take you to today's blog post which will allow you to see all the products used in this project.  I also included the additional products (at the end of the panel of products) that we used to make Lorri's version.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

8 comments:

  1. This is so stinkin' cute!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Mary! I just love it and am so happy my upline had it for us to do on Saturday.

      Thank you for leaving a comment, I love to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. Really great Instructions and pictures for everyone!!! Thanks for taking the time to do this and share with everyone! GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Glenda! I'm so happy Lorri showed us this great idea! It was fun to make an alternate version we can use this weekend at my Kentucky Derby workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. popcorn's are loved by everyone. Popcorn's are my favorite too and i glad to see such idea to Make Popcorn Boxes . Great work Glenda! and thanks for sharing such an informative post with us. I will also try your idea to make popcorn Boxes at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can create these beautiful Popcorn Boxes by just following steps as mentioned in this blogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these designs are looking great have a look on these also fries box

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors