Monday, August 5, 2013

Folded Chevron with Designer Series Papers

My Boss' Granddaughter is having surgery today on her knee, so of course we had to make a card for her. She's supposed to start her Sophomore year in High School and instead, she's going through this.  Poor kid, I know she's scared!  We bought her some books to read too while she's recovering and some of us have signed up to play Words With Friends when she's bored!  

I saw this folding technique done by Angie Leach on her blog and just had to try it.  Below is my version.  Thanks Angie!  



Here's how to do the folds for this card.  
  • You'll need 5 strips of Designer Paper Series cut at 2 1/2" x 1". This paper is from I Am Me (130138).  
  • Fold 2 of the strips as shown on items 2 and 4 below and 3 of the strips as shown on 1, 3 and 5.  
  • Be sure to use your bone folder for a nice crisp fold.



Attach to card stock cut at 5 3/8" wide.  Be sure the folds are pushed together very tightly or you may have overage.  It really fits best at 5 1/4" but then you wouldn't have room for a border.


If you have any questions on how to do this, please let me know.  I'd love to be able to help you.

Have a great Monday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Hope the young lady did fine with her surgery and is recovering nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did very well with the surgery and even went to school yesterday(first day of classes). She didn't make it to her last class due to the pain and is back on crutches today - the doc took them away before her surgery, so don't tell - lol - but she said she just couldn't manage getting to all her classes without the help of the crutches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors