Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hexagon Gingham Garden

Linda spotted a great card today and shared it with me.  I loved it so much I simply had to CASE it tonight.  Wonder if Linda is doing that tonight too... hmmm... guess I'll find out at tomorrow's workshop!  :)

The original spotting came from Annette Elliott.  Thanks Annette for sharing.  I changed a couple of things, but it's your basic design and it's beautiful.

I've often thought about how to use this paper from the Designer Series Paper called Gingham Garden.  This is a perfect way to use it I think.


Stamps Well With Others Recipe and Measurements:

Card Stock - Daffodil Delight - Begin with a base of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and score it at 4 1/4".  Cut a piece of Island Indigo 5 1/4" x 4" and the DSP 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".

Run a piece of Island Indigo through the Big Shot using the Honeycomb Embossing Folder (129378).  I used a full 5 1/4" x 4" piece through so I had enough to figure out the measurement, plus you can use it for a 2nd card.  Cut the Honeycomb piece to 5 1/8" x 1 3/4".

Punch 3 Daffodil Delight circles using a 1 1/2" Circle Punch (which I just now realized SU doesn't carry- Ugh!).  You should use the 1 3/8" Circle Punch instead (119860) although it will be a little tight on sizing.  Sorry about that!

Punch small flowers with the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack (118309).  Attach either a Pearl Basic Jewel (119247) or Rhinestone Basic Jewel (119246).

Stamp the pretty flower pattern from the Six-Sided Sampler (w-130953 / c-130956) onto Whisper White card stock - two in Island Indigo and one in Daffodil Delight.  Punch them out using the Hexagon Punch (130919) and pop them up onto the Daffodil Delight Circles with Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).

Stamp "hello sweet friend" and trim it up into a flag with your paper snips.

Assemble as shown and give it to your BFF - for no reason at all!  Aren't those the best to receive?  I sure think so!

Thank you for looking in today!  I hope you're ready for a fabulous weekend!

~ Donna

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors