Thursday, August 29, 2013

More Perfect Blend Gift Card Holders

I am still loving the gift card holder that we made last Saturday at Fall Fest and decided to make more using the Birthday Basics Designer Series Papers.  See it here with the gift card inserted.

Making these cards is so very easy with the Pop 'n Cuts Card Base Die (130099).  Simply take a piece of 8 1/2" x 11" card stock and cut it long ways at 4 1/4".  This will fit perfectly on the die and will just barely cut off the ends to shape them and cut the diagonal slits.

Using your Simply Scored, score at 3 1/2", 5 1/2" and 7 1/2".  You'll fold the card back on the center score and up on the other two scores, remembering to decorate the right side as the front of the card (the tab side would be the front and the slot side would be the back of the card.  It should look like a "W" from a side view.

Punch a slot across the top of the short inside area with the Word Window Punch (119857).  This will take two punches to have enough room for a gift card to fit into.  Use Sticky Strip (104294) to adhere the bottom of the card (under where the gift card goes) to keep it from sliding through and out of the card!  Yikes!

Decorate as desired.






Thank you for looking in today.  I hope you had a great day!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I just love this set, now I need too get busy and use it, lol! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, I appreciate it :). Cute gift card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! This is one of my favorites too. I even saw someone use it for Halloween. I'll be playing with that later!

    Thank you for your post on my blog. It's always nice to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors