Thursday, December 5, 2013

Curly DSP Christmas Tree

I saw this adorable Paper Tree on Patty Bennett's blog and just had to give one a try.  This one is 12" tall and the base is a foam cone you can purchase at any hobby store.  I actually finished this in just a couple of hours while watching t.v. with the hubby.  Very fast and easy!


Begin by cutting your selected DSP (Designer Series Paper) into 12" x 1/2" strips.  I used 5 different designs but since the papers are two-sided it gives you 10 designs to work with.  To give the tree a fuller affect, I cut the 12" strips into 5" and 7" (5 + 7 = 12) and used the larger strips on the bottom half or so of the tree and the smaller ones on top.

Take your bone folder and curl the paper from the center out, to make a nice curl and then begin at the bottom and working your way up, pin the curls into the styro-foam around in a circle.  The papers may look like they want to uncurl a bit but once you have a few on there just gently pat your hands around the tree and they magically curl up nice and springy!

I topped the tree with a bow using the Gift Bow Bigz L Die (129977) from the Holiday Catalog.  Don't miss this great little gem.  The Holiday Catalog ends January 2nd, so don't miss any of the great items you have on your wish list!

When I took the tree to my office, Linda placed my little angel up on top of the bow.  Doesn't she look adorable sitting up there!  She's also made from the Gift Bow Die!


Thank you for looking in today.  Can you believe it's Thursday already?  Honestly, someone needs to slow the clock down a bit.  I'm not ready for Christmas yet!!!

Have a great day and remember you can find everything you need to make this card on my website HERE
If I can help you with anything, please let me know.  You can email me at StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com.   

1 comment:

  1. How cute! It's hard to believe you made this in a couple of hours while watching TV!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors