Saturday, December 14, 2013

Tissue Holder Get Well

There are several of these out on the internet, so I don't know who is the original creator, but here is my version.  The last one I saw had Christmas decor.  It just seems to me if you give someone Kleenex, it's because they have a cold, right?  LOL


This was very easy to put together and you can get two boxes from one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" card stock and from a 12" x 12" piece of DSP you can have enough paper to make three boxes!  

Cut the 8 1/2" x 11" card stock in half (long ways) at 4 1/4" x 11"
Score at 4 1/2", 7", 8" and 10 1/2" - use your bone folder to get nice crisp fold lines

Cut your 12" x 12" DSP (I used Afternoon Picnic - 131390) into three equal 4" wide pieces.
Cut your 4" strip into the following measurements:

(2) 4" x 4 1'4" - this will cover the front and the back of the largest area of your card stock
(1) 4" x 2 1/4" - this will be where your tissue will pull through
(1) 4" x 3/4" - this is on the front view small fold


Attach the DSP to the card stock that you've scored and folded.  You'll know exactly where all the pieces go - so simple!

Take the Extra Large Oval Punch and after folding over the smallest 1/2" section place the 4" x 2 1/4" area into the punch - center it and punch - lots of muscle power will be needed, so be prepared!

Place a piece of Sticky Strip on the small 1/2" part for attaching to the front of the 4" x 4 1/4".  You definitely want to use the Sticky Strip so that it will stay firmly attached.  I use it with all of my 3-D projects.  It's important that they don't fall apart.

Before you slide your pack of tissues inside, fussy cut an oval so that the tissues will flow more freely through the oval punched area.

Decorate according to your needs and you've got a great little Tissue Holder for any occasion!


Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Card Stock:  Wisteria Wonder, Coastal Cabana, Very Vanilla
Stamps:  Tag It (w-130300 / c-130303) Stampin' Up! donates $3.00 to Ronald McDonald House Charities when you buy the Tag It Stamp Set!
Ink:  Coastal Cabana
Tools:  Circles Collection Framlits (130911)
Ribbon:  Daffodil Delight 1/2 Seam Binding Ribbon

You can find everything you need to make this card on my website HERE.  If I can help you with anything, please let me know.  I'd love to have you as a customer of mine!

You can email me at StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com.   

~ Donna


1 comment:

  1. That is so darn cute! Love the trendy chevron print you chose too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors