Friday, December 6, 2013

Dive Right in Mr. Elf

Do you have an Elf problem at your house?  We sure do!  This little guy is diving in for some York Peppermint Patties at the moment, but there's just no telling what he'll get into next! (pay no attention to the ugly old pickle jar!  That should be my next decorating project! LOL)



We made these at our Team Christmas Party on Monday night with Lorri Heiling and I was so excited this was going to be one of our Make & Takes!  I think they are just the cutest idea for Christmas goodies.  So easy to put together too. 
The feet are made from the Top Note Die - one cut of the die makes two feet (two pieces attached together so both sides look great!  The "leggings" are attached to Popsicle sticks so they can be placed into any type of bowl of goodies.  Add some sparkly silver and ribbon and you've got it done in no time at all!
 Here's how they look with the sticks visible.  CUTE!!!


Recipe:

Card Stock:  Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Whisper White (hidden behind the DSP for added strength) 

DSP:  Season of Style Stack (132181) or 12 x 12 Paper (132340), Silver Glimmer Paper (124005)
Tools:  3/4" Circle Punch (119873), Extra-Large Oval Punch (119859), 1/2" Circle Punch (119869), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275)
Ribbon:  Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon
Popsicle sticks (from the dollar store!)

We'll be making these at our workshop this Saturday.  I'm really looking forward to some crafty time with my stamping friends!

You can find everything you need to make this card on my website HERE.  If I can help you with anything, please let me know.  You can email me at StampsWellWithOthers@gmail.com.   

Thanks for looking in today and have a Happy Friday!!  (Doin' the Happy Dance!)

~ Donna

3 comments:

  1. LOL LOVE your post today!!!!! Aren't these fun and festive? I think these are going to be a hit this year! I think this would be a great gift for neighbors and for when you need "just a little something" for a gift! Waaahooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea for those unexpected gifts we all need to keep on hand! Too stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Lorri! I couldn't believe it when I saw YOUR post for today! Great minds! ;) Thank you for such a fun and creative project.

    Danita, this is why I love the team I'm with my dear sweet team leader, Lorri, just has the CUTEST ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors