Thursday, March 12, 2015

Bokeh After All

There's always some hot new thing going on and I'm not always a follower and hadn't planned on really being a follower of this one, it just didn't hit me as something I liked.  Until.... we tried it at our Team Meeting last night and I decided it was kind of cool looking.

So, here I go on the trail of the Bokeh Technique.  I've heard it pronounced several ways, I'm going with the "Bo-Kay" pronunciation as that one seems to be the "most" correct one. 

Bokeh is a technique in photography that describes the appearance of blurry lights in an unfocused photo.  You see this technique used with city streets at night and Christmas trees around the holidays.  They can be circles, stars, any shape, really.  I've seen several different styles out and about.



I love the pinks and purples, so decided to go with Rose Red for my base card, then Blackberry Bliss for my defining edge and of course Whisper White which I sponged with Perfect Plum first as the lightest color, then Rose Red and finally Whisper White craft ink with a stencil and my sponge daubers.

The measurements are:

Base:  8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
Blackberry Bliss - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Whisper White - 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"


The "thank you" is from my favorite flower set in the Occasions Catalog - Painted Petals.  You could really use any sentiment you like and any size circles using the Circles Framelits.

I added the little Banner Punch for an additional splash of the Blackberry Bliss.


The weekend is upon us - its Thursday (or Friday Eve!)  Have a great day!

Thank you for looking in!

~ Donna

If you are reading this in an email, go to the blog link to see the supplies used.  Clicking on one of them will take you directly to my store.  Thank you for shopping with me!





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors