Saturday, March 28, 2015

Striped Scallops

A few weeks ago we were visiting my in-laws and I spotted this beautiful shirt in one of the catalogs they receive.  I instantly loved the colors and they immediately made me think of our Stampin' Up! colors. 

Over the years I've seen other Demonstrators make a card using colors they had seen in catalogs or advertisements, so I decided I would do that with this one.


This is what I came up with:


Using So Saffron for the base (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 5 1/4") then using the Striped Scallop Thinlits Die (133734) I cut a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock.  I also used scraps of Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral and Mossy Meadow to cut out pieces to go inside the scallops.

I finished it off with a sentiment from Hostess Set - Bloom with Hope, stamped with Chocolate Chip ink, also onto a piece of scrap card stock - Crisp Cantaloupe.  Don't you just love using up those scraps?!  I tied a piece of Wild Wasabi Cotton Twine from the Painted Blooms collection from the 2015 Occasions Catalog.

 
 
Thank you for looking in today!  It's SATURDAY!!
 
~ Donna
 
(if you are reading this in an email, please check my blog to see a complete list of items used from My Stamping Blog list builder)
 
 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors