Friday, March 27, 2015

Thanks For Being You

When I saw this stamp set as one of the Sale-a-Bration freebies, I could hardly wait to get it and color it with my Blendabilities, but then, they were discontinued!  Argh!!  So, I had to figure out a better way to fill in the letters.

Yes, I could color them with my Aqua Pens or our Stampin' Write markers, but I wanted something else and ended up spotting this idea from Angie Leach and loved it!  Thanks Angie for the great idea!

There's some fussy cutting involved, but that was great therapy for me this week when I was making them.  It was perfect timing!

On this first card I didn't put a mat under the DSP and I wished that I had, so the rest of them I added a bit of color and another mat.

Measurements:

Base - Whisper White 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4"
Mat - 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
DSP - 5 1/4" x 4"
Mat - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Whisper White - 5" x 3 3/4"




I have a story to go with this one.  Don't you just love the dots on this?  I do, so much, but I had to convince myself to cut the DSP to use the dots.  Why you ask? 

THIS is why, the back side of the beautiful dots is the gorgeous 12 x 12 flowers that just kill me to cut into pieces!  SO, when I (ack!) cut the THANKS out and cut the DSP rectangles, I couldn't turn the paper over.  It was just too painful! 

Sigh... but, I think it was worth it, don't you?

 
 
Thank you for looking in today!  Have a great weekend!
 
~ Donna
 
If you are reading this in an email, be sure to go to my blog to see the list and links for items used.
 
 
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors