Sunday, May 3, 2015

Butterflies Thinlits and Louisville Hot Browns

Today's workshop was small but fun.  After I got the girls started on their projects, I was in the kitchen making our Louisville Hot Browns.

First, one of the cards we made.  This is one I posted a little bit ago.  To see full details with measurements, see it HERE.  For today's workshop though, we added the Butterfly from the Butterflies Thinlits Dies which are finally available for ordering again.

My sample for today simply added a plain vellum butterfly, but Brittney took it a step further and sponged the edges with Strawberry Slush.  Linda loved it so much, she had Brittney add it to hers.  

The girls also decided to stamp their sentiments on Whisper White and then punched them out with Word Window and then punched out Strawberry Slush with the Modern Label (which is retiring!).

They are both so beautiful!


Now, on to lunch!  Since Saturday was Kentucky Derby Day, I decided to make something that would be on a Derby Day menu.  Louisville Hot Brown.  They came out wonderfully!  I'd made them once before on full size artisan rolls and hubby and I loved them.  For this, I wanted them to be more bite-sized so found the cocktail breads and this is how they looked.


Yummy!  If you'd like the recipe I used, let me know, I'll be glad to share it.  We also had brownies and a small veggie tray.  

Thank you for looking in today.  Have a blessed Sunday.

~ Donna

9 comments:

  1. Donna, I love your butterfly card. I am going to try and CASE it this afternoon after spending some time in our fantastic sunshine! (We haven't seen it in so long) Also, I have never heard of Louisville Hot Brown and would love to have the recipe. Sounds interesting and I'm always looking for something new to try. Thanks for sharing, and have a fantastic Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from readers! Where are you located to have no sun? All we have in Phoenix IS sun... I'd love some rain and our lakes and rivers could sure use it!

      Thank you again!

      Delete
    2. Akron, Ohio, and we have had a really miserable winter. Waking up to sunshine and warmer temperatures is so nice. Our grass is greening up and our trees are finally showing the beautiful green leaves and the flowering ones are so full of blooms. It makes your day so much better. Thanks for the recipe, we are going to try it here soon. Have a great day!

      Delete
    3. I have friends that live in North Canton and hubby's family is from Wadsworth and Barberton, so I understand that weather ! Wow. I'm glad you've had some sunshine.

      We actually had rain complete with lightning and thunder about 1 a.m. - it was wonderful! Only about 3/10's of an inch at our house, but it was so nice to hear!

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Your cards and projects are always great. Love this butterfly.
    I'm not sure what Louisville Hot Brown is but would love to try it.
    Thanks for your inspiration. Barbara S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi NanaBarb, Thank you so much for your comment. You've made my day. It's hard not to have a great card with these beautiful butterflies.

      Delete
  3. Those cards are awesome!! But your cards always are!! I wish you lived closer. Yes I would like the recipe!!!! Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish you lived closer, and I don't even know where you are. ha ha! Enjoy the recipe and let me know if you have any questions.

      Delete
  4. Looks like I need to share food pictures more often! So great to see comments on my blog!

    Here is where I found the recipe that I used for my Louisville Hot Browns. There's a paragraph about where it comes from and what it is.

    http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a1857/louisville-hot-brown-3983/

    I'm so glad you all liked the card too. I actually made up the rest of the kits today and they're ready for sentiments whenever I need a card.

    Thank you again ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors