Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sea Street Birthday

Is you first thought "Is that a new DSP she's using on this cute card?"  Well, you would be partially correct, it's new and it's designer, but it's not designed by Stampin' Up!  It was made by me (and my Stampin' Write markers).

I saw this cute card done by Brandy Cox and just had to give it a try.  I love how it turned out!

To make this card, you'll want to have the following markers:

Pacific Point
Bermuda Bay
Tempting Turquoise
Tangerine Tango
Daffodil Delight


Begin with a piece of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and score it at 4 1/4"

Other measurements, while we're here:
Pacific Point 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Tempting Turquoise 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Whisper White 3 1/4 x 3 1/4"

Using the brush end of your pen, begin with Pacific Point and draw a line across the top edge of the card base.  Hold the brush more flat that upright to give a nice thick line.  Don't worry about how straight or perfect it is.  This is meant to be fun and unique, so just do your best and keep going.

Next use Bermuda Bay, then Tempting Turquoise.  Then I used Tangerine Tango and started over again with Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay and Tempting Turquoise.  This time though, use Daffodil Delight.  Or ... go in the order you like them best.  Have fun with it!


Stamp the Octopus from Sea Street on a separate piece of Whisper White and the HB (for Happy Birthday) balloon from Age Awareness.  Next... (don't yell at me, but) fussy cut the Octopus and the balloon.  Trust me, it's easy and you don't have to go around all the small areas of the legs since it will be on a Whisper White background.  The one you will want to cut a little tighter would be where he is holding the balloon, which also needs a fussy cut.  (sorry!)  It will be worth it, trust me!

To stamp the fish, stamp them off first and then onto your Whisper White square.


Don't forget to decorate the inside too!  Oh, and the envelope!  You're going to love it!


Today I'm heading to the house of my fabulous upline, Lorri Heiling where she's having a "Founders Circle" for six of us on her team who have recruited during the last few months.  I'm so excited!  This is my 2nd time to go and I can hardly wait to see what fun projects she has for us, plus a fabulous lunch and dessert!  Yum!

Thank you for looking in today.  I hope you enjoy this cute card and will give it a try, either with this set or any other sets you have, play with color combinations and enjoy.

~ Donna



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Donna, your card is SOOO CUTE! I love it! I'm going to give the markers a try!! It was so much having you over today, YOU SO DESERVE IT! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Lorri! I really enjoyed making it and following a great CASE. I want to try other color combinations too.

    It was great fun stamping with you today and for all the great treats you had for us! Can't wait to earn the next one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable card...the marker stripes are PERFECT with this little octopus!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! I really had fun making it. I'm going to try some new colors this week. I just have to figure out which ones to try!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors