Friday, July 19, 2019

Seaside Notions

These cards were so fast and easy and I really love the simplicity of them. 



Recipe:
Soft Suede - 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Soft Sea Foam - 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
Crumb Cake - 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
Soft Sea Foam - 4" x 5 1/4" (inside panel)

Did you notice the Seahorse and the Sand Dollar are overlapped a bit?  I stamped the Seahorse first and then stamped it again onto a post it note so I could stamp the Sand Dollar over without the line going through the nose. (assuming that's a nose?)


 Inside - Soft Sea Foam (I wish it photographed better!) I thought the color is light enough that it would make a nice inside panel instead of Whisper White or Very Vanilla.


Remember to save cardstock by stamping the sentiment on the panel that will be the mat behind the Crumb Cake and then punching or die cutting.  The Crumb Cake panel will complete cover the punched area and you'll have saved some scraps!



Thank you for looking in today.  If you don't already have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, I would love to be yours!  Contact me with any questions.  I'd love to hear from you.

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Cute! The seahorse is cute. I remember my brother sent in a coupon when we were kids to get seahorses in the mail. When they came they were just sticky blobs in the water. Dad said they look like shrimp tails and the shell part you don't eat. Whatever, your card with the seahorse and all the fun shells and corral etc is way cuter!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I seem to remember having seahorses in our aquarium when I was little. I know we had fish, but something in my mind tells me we had seahorses and they were so interesting.

      I think this set will work well for masculine cards. Always looking for those!

      I just wish the Soft Sea Foam showed up better in the pictures. It really looks nice in real life!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors