Monday, July 8, 2019

Strong and Beautiful

Strong and Beautiful is the name of the stamp set used for this card, but I think it also applies to this beautiful Designer Series Paper.  This DSP is called See A Silhouette but look at these bold beautiful flowers.  The colors are so pretty and bright and the outlines remind me of my favorite coloring books as a child.

Do you remember your first coloring books?  They had nice wide outlines, then as we got better at coloring, we had coloring books with skinny lines.  I much preferred the bold ones!  I still have trouble staying in the lines.  HA HA HA!


Recipe:
Whisper White Thick cardstock - 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Whisper White cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4" - embossed with (oops.. a retired leaf folder) you could use Layered Leaves instead - or anything else you like!
Whisper White scrap for sentiment
Mossy Meadow for behind sentiment
See a Silhouette Designer Series Paper

I attached the leaves to the backs of the flowers with dimensionals and then popped it all up with another layer of dimensionals.

Stamps:  Strong and Beautiful punched with Pretty Label Punch
Ink:  Mossy Meadow


Thank you for looking in today.  Have a great week! 

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. The embossing folder is perfect for this, well, strong and beautiful card! I like your thinking about when I was little, well, I am still short, my early coloring books had the wide lines and the crayons were thick. I went through stages with coloring like outlining. Seems logical when I am using my blender pens to outline like leaf veins and then blend the color. I wonder what other childhood memories this colorful card can evoke? Why, a new box of crayons and coloring with the vibrant colors of course.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or a new box of all the Stampin' Write Markers! I need some that have been "over used", but don't want to buy the whole set. Yikes!

      Thanks Chris!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors