Friday, August 2, 2019

Magnolia Hello

Today's card is a sideways CASE from Connie Stewart.  I say sideways because I decided I wanted it turned a bit so I didn't have to worry about it not standing easily with the decorative edge.  Looking at the picture as it is posted it looks like the ribbon is crooked, but looking at the real card, it is perfectly straight.  Weird how the camera makes things look goofy.




Recipe:
Petal Pink - 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Magnolia Lane Designer Series paper - 4 1/4" x 2 1/2" (then cut off a 1/2" from the 2" and flip it over - that will be the green side of the paper used here)
Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo - 10" Linen Thread - tied around the stem of the added flower
13" Weave Ribbon - tied around the end of the front flap (this covers a dent caused by die cutting of the  decorative edge)

Mossy Meadow - Punched with 2 1/4" Circle Punch
Whisper White - Punched with 2" Circle Punch
** I used my Layering Circles Dies as I don't have the Circle Punches right now.

Stamp "Hello" low on the Whisper White circle and adhere it off center to the Mossy Meadow circle.
Stamp, color and die cut the small Magnolia flower and pop it up with dimensionals.
Die cut 1 large and 2 small leaves from the dies that bundle with Good Morning Magnolia.  Adhere them with glue dots under the Mossy Meadow circle.



Inside - Whisper White - 4 3/4" x 4".  Notice that it is not covering the far right edge of the card.  Since the front of the card has a decorative edge you don't want it showing when the card is closed.


Thank you Connie for this beautiful card! 

Thank YOU for looking in today.  It's finally Friday and I have the day off to get ready for my workshop in Prescott Valley on Saturday!  Road Trip!

~ Donna


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors