Tuesday, January 21, 2020

A Desert Birthday

I was searching for some ideas for using my From the Heart Suite and managed to get side-tracked (Squirrel!!) and found this adorable card using the cactus from The Gangs All Meer which is a great free set from Sale-a-bration.

The colors were changed from the original and a little different techniques, but I do love these great little cacti and how my card turned out.  I spotted the idea on the blog by Kim Plays With Paper.
  

Recipe:

Lovely Lipstick - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4"
Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper - 3 3/4" x 5" (brown)
Lovely Lipstick - 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" 
Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper - 2 1/2" x 3 3/4" (green)
Shimmery White - 2" x 3 3/4"

Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4" - inside panel.

On the Shimmery White - Stamp cactus #1 and then cactus #2 (see below), then stamp three cactus onto a post-it note and fussy cut them all out.  Cover cactus #1 and cactus #2 with the post it cactus, then stamp cactus #3.


When you remove the post it paper, your cactus will look like this:


Cover all three with post it notes and using a sponge, ink the bottom with So Saffron, carefully sponging over the post its.  Sponge the top half with Balmy Blue.


When the post it's are removed, the cactus are ready for coloring.  I used Dark Lovely Lipstick Stampin' Blend for the blossoms on top and both Dark and Light Old Olive for the cactus.



If you look closely, you can see the beautiful shimmer on the picture below.  Boy is it ever hard to get a picture of the shimmer!

The Happy Birthday sentiment comes from Beautiful Bouquet.


Just another glimpse at our beautiful Arizona vegetation.  Perfect masculine card for any guy!


Thank you for looking in today.  So happy it's a short week, and even shorter for me as I'm taking off Friday too.  Woo  Hooo!

Happy Tuesday!

~ Donna 



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors