Sunday, January 12, 2020

Heartfelt M&M's Pouches

Seems most of my inspiration lately comes from others, but when I see something incredibly cute I simply have to re-create it and share.

This is no exception.  This adorable project I spotted on Brenda Quintana's blog.  It took me longer to find the right M&M's packages than it did to make these.



Start with a piece of Whisper White cardstock (not thick, just the normal cardstock) 8 1/2" x 11" and with the 11" side across the top of your trimmer, cut at 5 3/4" then turn and cut 4" and then 4" again.  This will give you 2 pieces to start with.  The remainder of the Whisper White will give you one more piece trimmed to 5 3/4" x 4".

With the 5 3/4" across the top of your trimmer (or your Simply Scored) score at 2 3/4" and again at 5 1/2"

Using the heart punch from the Heartfelt Bundle, punch a heart from a piece of Post-it note, making sure the have some of the sticky part on the heart, so it will stick to your cardstock.



Place the Fun Size pack of M&M's below the score line and determine which character you what to show through the pouch.


Hold the punched out Post-it note over where you want to have your window, then slide the candy out of the way.


Place the Post-it onto the cardstock.



Place the heart punch over the Post-it, line it up and punch through the cardstock.


Time to decorate.  The arrow stamp is not long enough to go across the punched out heart, so we'll use a little "magic" here.  Place a Post-it note over one side (as shown below) and then ink up the "tail" of the arrow and stamp it at an angle across the heart.



Move the Post-it to cover the "tail" and then ink up the "point" and line it up as best you can.  As long as you are close, it will be fine.  You won't be able to tell (unless its really far off!).


Stamp your sentiment.  I used Real Red for everything.  You could use Early Espresso to match the M&M's packaging, but I liked the Real Red best.



I missed a picture here, so you'll just have to pretend.  Using Real Red cardstock, punch the heart (not the scalloped one, but the plain heart).  Then using the Scalloped Heart Punch, line up around the punched out heart to make an outline.



Using just a little Liquid Tombo glue, attach the scalloped frame to the Whisper White.  


Fold on your score lines and using the Liquid Tombo place a little glue on the small scored area and 
fold it up front of the card to make a little pouch.  Slide the packet of M&M's inside.


Depending on the packaging, your hearts will be all over, but look how cute they are!!


A big thank you to Brenda for these adorable little pouches!

Thank YOU for looking in today!

Have a Blessed Sunday.

~ Donna

Product List

2 comments:

  1. Adorable. I these on her blog. I cracked up at the photo of the M+M where the other one is holding two finger up for "rabbit ears" and went to find the candy to make these. I didn't see them but I didn't take much time. Thanks for all the great photos and steps. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite too with the bunny ears! LOL I found them at Walmart in with the regular candy. It wasn't with the Valentine's candy area. I guess that makes sense because they don't have Valentine's stuff on them.

      Thanks for commenting! You always make my day!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors