Monday, January 27, 2020

Taco 'bout Witty!

Do you love fun cards?  Of course you do!  Well, this is the stamp set for you then,  Witty-Cisms.  Here's my first go at using the Taco stamp.  I made two versions, one a Retirement card and the 2nd a Birthday card.



Recipe:
Whisper White Thick cardstock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 2 3/4" x 5 1/2"
Real Red - 2 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White scraps for sentiments and tacos circle from layering circles dies. (I used my retired 1 1/4" circle punch) 

Stamps:  Witty-Cisms
Ink:  Real Red, Memento Black

Now... before you go any further.... take a deep breath because this is the only way to get the images stamped the way I wanted them.

Here is the before: (ignore the washi-tape - I'll explain that in a minute)


Here is the after, yup... I cut them up!  ACK!!!  okay, keep breathing, it's just fine, I promise. 

Now, about the washi-tape.  With the new "cling" stamps, the stickers that go on them are really STICKY and I have an impossible time unsticking them from the stamp box and the clear block if I don't have a way to get a hold of the stamp.  The washi-tape gives me an area that isn't sticky and allows me to lift them up without damaging the foam.

(Before you say anything about how it looks like I cut this badly, I cut the stamp apart from looking at the stamp side, not the label side.  This particular set of stamps wasn't cut correctly from the factory, so the back looks different from the front.  The important side is cut apart according to the stamp, not the label.)


Remember to save on paper by cutting the scallop circle from the Basic Black that will be hidden behind the Real Red.  (I used the 1 3/8" Scallop Punch) I stamped the taco onto the Real Red with Real Red Ink.


Here is the Birthday Card.  All stamps are from Witty Cisms.

Oh, and I colored the tacos with Light Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends and then colored over that with Light Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends.  I added a little shadow with Light Smoky Slate and lettuce with Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends.



Thank you for looking in today.  It's a MONDAY again.... here we go!

~ Donna

Product List

2 comments:

  1. Really cute and creative cards. thanks for sharing your ideas and instructions!!! GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda,
      Thank you for commenting! I love sharing my ideas and especially the measurements. Nothing more frustrating than not knowing sizes!
      Hugs,
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors