Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Forever Friends at First Sight

When I first saw Lost Lagoon, I wasn't terribly crazy about it.  It still isn't one of my favorites, but when I saw it Tuesday on LeeAnn Greff's blog, while catching up on some emails and blog reading, I fell in love with it, at least used like this.

Thank you LeeAnn for another beautiful card to CASE.



Isn't this just beautiful.  I think it must be the Very Vanilla that makes this color look so much prettier.   

Be sure to use Tear and Tape to stick the Venetian Crochet trim.  Quick and easy!



Recipe:

Lost Lagoon (retiring!) - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Very Vanilla - 5 1/2" x 3"
Very Vanilla - 4" x 1 1/4" (banner)
Venetian Crochet (retiring) Trim - 5 1/2" / 4" and 4" (if you do the top and the bottom of the banner) 

Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, First Sight - I strongly recommend the wood set for this one - there are two teeny tiny stamps in here that won't keep you smiling when they fly off the clear block when cleaning or stamping!

Ink:  Lost Lagoon (retiring - don't forget the refill!)
Sponge Daubers
Sweetheart Punch
Pearl Basic Jewels



I think this would also be beautiful in other colors as well.  It would really just depend on the person you are sending it to and what colors they might like.


Thank you for stopping by today.  I'd love it if you would leave me a comment.  I know I'm guilty of peeking at blogs and not commenting, but I'm trying to be better at it.  

Have a Happy Hump Day!         ~ Donna



Product List

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and I did see LeeAnn's blog. I wasn't big on that color either but now that it is retiring I like it more! Go figure. Thanks for the tip on the trim and using the tear and tape. I just received my first roll last night at card club from my previous order. I am anxious to use it. I liked that fold you did that really adds that extra pop of color to the front. The vanilla looks great with this. Well done!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will LOVE the Tear and Tape. So much easier to use than the Red Two Sided stuff. I was forever cleaning my snips to get the stickies off of them with the red stuff.

    Thank you, as always, for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors