Monday, April 25, 2016

Petals and Pennants

While trying to use some of our stamps that are retiring, I found two today that go together.  I bet you think it's both of the flowers you see on today's card, but oddly enough, they aren't going together.

The Petite Petals stamps are retiring as is Perfect Pennants.  The small flower punch that goes with the stamps is not retiring, so perhaps there will be something new to go with it.  

This was so fast and easy to put together.  Here are the details.

Recipe:

Base - Calypso Coral - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2, scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Very Vanilla - 5 1/4" x 4"
Calypso Coral - 3 7/8" x 2 7/8"
Very Vanilla - 3 3/4" x 2 3/4"



Stamps:  Petite Petals (retiring), Perfect Pennants (retiring), Flower Shop
Ink:  Calypso Coral

Extras:  Wink of Stella Clear; Rhinestone Basics

Medium Very Vanilla Envelopes - add a little love to the envelope by stamping some more flowers on the flap and in the corner front.


You can't see the glimmer from the Wink of Stella in the above pictures, but turning it here you can see it very clearly.  It looks lovely, don't you think?




You can see above how I popped up the little flowers with Stampin' Dimensionals.  

Thank you for looking in today.  Let's make it a great week!   ~ Donna


Click on any of the items below to shop my store and don't forget to check out the Clearance Rack.  Always something fun to select from.


Product List

4 comments:

  1. Ah you put me to shame, my Calypso Corral ink pad has only been used once or twice probably since I got it. This card is so pretty so why don't I pull it out and use it more often? I do have the petite petals set and punch. I am wondering if maybe I put the white with it and didn't like it and you did the vanilla? I don't have that sentiment but I think I could CASE the rest and have a pretty darn looking card. But no Wink of Stella stuff either but whatever I do I am keeping this idea to do. It is so pretty and springy. I love the mat on there too. Just so pretty. It reminds me of a dress my mom had made for herself. It was white with the coral flowers and then she made a little coral jacket to wear with it.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Wink of Stella? What are you waiting for! ;) it is so pretty everywhere. I do recommend the clear though. I'm not so crazy about the gold one. It looks good on yellow papers, but other than that, I think it's just too much.

      Your mother's dress sounds beautiful.

      I'm going to make more of these before this little stamp set goes away.

      Thank you for checking in today!

      Delete
  2. I am always a day late and a dollar short it seems lately! I think the clear would be the best too. I just need to make more cards period! I did go to card club last night and had a good time. The day before I went to the CTMH demo's house to make up cards from last month or so ago. But, I need to use my own stuff up and mail the darn cards! I know I am not the only one guilty of not mailing them. Of course then I always think they are not good enough. Goofy, I know.

    My mom had a great ability to sew as did her one sister and her daughter. My cousin custom makes drapes out of her house for some home decor designers. I just didn't like using the machine or something. But, I loved needlework and hope I can get back to it after my next surgery and all settles down.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mission for today is to mail a card to someone "just because". Someone who maybe doesn't even know you make cards, someone you just want to say "hello" to. Make their day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors