Sunday, April 17, 2016

Class of 2016

Graduation time will soon be upon us, so today I have two cards for a couple of gals that will be graduating in May.  The school colors are Red, White and Black, so that was pretty simple to put together.

Here is card number one for my Boss' Granddaughter.  I can't believe she's going to soon be graduating and heading off to university.  It seems like she was just born!

Recipe:  
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Real Red - 5 1/4" x 3"
Neutrals Color Collection (polka dots) - 5" x 2 3/4"

Large Numbers Framelits - Whisper White Thick Cardstock
1" Square Punch - for hat
Balloon Framelits - for tassel
Gold Foil Sheets (tassel) 
Big News Stamp Set (congratulations) stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black


Inside Sentiment:  You're So Lovely stamped with Real Red







When I cut out the 2016 for the first card, I did my best to place them perfectly so I could use the cut out for a second card.

Real Red Base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4
Whisper White Thick - 5" x 3 1/4"
Stamps - You're So Lovely (banner and congrats)



Inside sentiment - B.Y.O.P.


Thank you for looking in today!  Have a Blessed Sunday!    ~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. You are so smart to make the second card from the negative or is it vice versa? Both cards are so fun. Just when I think I like one more than the other, I change my mind! I don't think I have any graduation cards to make this year. I think I still have a couple from last year anyway.

    The eye is doing fine. I have my follow-up appt on Tuesday. But, I have a cold now. Lots of sneezing and it various from snuffed up to runny nose. I figured that was one way of figuring out about the eye if he did a good job or not. Just a little bit of swelling and bruising left on the eye lid. I am seeing pretty well to type this comment. Though the sun is a bit bright so I think I will put the dark glasses on in a bit.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second card came from the negative. I did plan ahead which is why I made sure to cut them out in order and spaced as well as possible, but the original idea was the positive.

      I'm glad to hear your eye is doing fine, even with a nasty cold. It's a good thing you aren't here though, last week the wind was so horrific, you'd have had to have your whole head with a patch on it to keep the dust out.

      Good to see you posting! I've missed ya!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors