Saturday, April 23, 2016

Rose Wonder with Blended Blossom

If you've ever checked on Brian King and his works of art, he doe a LOT of layers and they always look wonderful.  When I spotted this idea earlier this week, I wanted to give it a go, but with my own color combination.


I had to make my own choices on measurement since they weren't shared, so after my first attempt that didn't work (see the card on your right below), I tried again and came up with the card on your left below and the card above.  

The measurements for the best results are:

Base - Mint Macaron - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 5 1/4" x 4"
Calypso Coral - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Basic Black - 3 3/8" x 3 3/8"
Mint Macaron - 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
Basic Black - 4 1/8" x 2 3/8"
Whisper White Thick - 4" x 3 1/2" (to start with)



Stamp Blended Bloom (soon to retire) towards the upper and left on the Whisper White, then lay the 
stamped image onto your cutter and measure in 2 1/4" cut up to the flower, lift your blade and then start cutting from the other side towards the flower.

I just cut close and then snipped the rest of the way to the flower with my paper snips so I didn't go too far.  Then fussy cut around your flower to the right of the cut and up to the top.


See how this one above was way too far off... it didn't work at all!  Learn from my trial and errors.  :)

Stamp with your favorite sentiment.  I used Rose Wonder for both of these.


Attach the pieces together as shown above.  I added Stampin' Dimensionals under the cut side of the flower and under the sentiment section that hangs over.

Thank you for looking in today - I hope you like this color combo.   ~  Donna

Click any of the items below to shop my store!




Product List

2 comments:

  1. I like the final one. I do the same thing only if it first did not succeed, I get so frustrated and quit or keep mucking it up! You held in there and did it! I love lots of layers too. Pretty color choice. Having the measurements of the panels is always a plus in my book! Great job as always! Thanks for the bright and cheery card too since it goes with your blog side pieces!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I always try to include measurements. It just seems so much nicer that way. I don't mind figuring them out, which is surprising as I dislike working with numbers, but somehow, measurements work for me! :)

      I'm so glad you liked your card.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors