Saturday, April 2, 2016

Lovely Birthday

Although Sale-a-Bration is over, we still have two full months to play with all of the fun beautiful products in the Occasions Catalog and yes, the Annual Catalog.  Do you realize that soon we will be seeing the "Retiring List" and then the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog will be moving over for the 2016-2017 Catalog!

So... let's play with something from the Occasions Catalog.


The stamp set is called You're So Lovely (140762) on page 32 from the Occasions Catalog and is a 12 piece Photopolymer set.  I love the font on the little "enjoy your day" that I stamped over and over on the background.  Being Photopolymer, it was so easy to stamp and make it look great!

Recipe:

Rose Red - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"   and  3 1/8" x 3 1/8"
Basic Black - 5 1/4" x 4"  and  3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
Crumb Cake 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" (for embossing folder)   and 5 1/4" x 4" for inside.

Crumb Cake die cut with 2 3/8" die (I think the 5th one up from the smallest)
Basic Black - punched with 2 1/2" Circle Punch

Ink:  Rose Red and Soft Suede - I thought it would show up better than the matching Crumb Cake.



I made the bow by wrapping twine around two fingers and then around three fingers.  Then I pulled off the twine and pinched it together in the middle, then tying it with more twine.  I'll take pictures and show you in another post.  Attach it with a mini gluedot. 


Tomorrow I think I'll try it again with Melon Mambo.  For now, it's time to post and get some sleep!  It's past midnight here.  I guess my late work hours are still hanging with me.

Thank  you for looking in today!  Happy Weekend ~ Donna


2 comments:

  1. The "enjoy your day" is so fun stamped over and over tone on tone for a wonderful background. Why don't I do that more often. It is fun and really cool looking! I like how you made the "bow" too and have done that before but not recently. I like the colors you chose too. The EF was another fun touch. CAn you tell I love texture? I will be looking at some of my stamp sets to see if there are any stamps that would make a fun background - yours looks perfect with the fun script. I hope everyone takes the extra minute to look at each photo enlarged for the details - you constantly amaze me!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't comment to your comment! Ack!

    I saw the idea of putting words into a background somewhere and fell in love with it. I want to do it with other sentiments as well. Seems like it would be a lot of fun to see what sets will work well together!

    Thank you for lifting my spirits with your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors