Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Happy Anniversary Chris and Brittney!

Two years ago my "Office Daughter" married the man of her dreams.  It was a beautiful outdoor wedding and even though we don't have seasonal color changes in the Phoenix area, I thought this card needed some pretty fall colors for an October Anniversary.

I actually cased this from Glenda Mollet.  I changed it up a bit by adding the colors to the trees and using different paper and ribbon, but the technique is the same and it is just so pretty!  This is a card that you could never truly case as the background will always be different.  Besides, if you notice, I really messed up on the size of the glossy (the top layer) paper!  Measure twice, cut once.  


Recipe: (if I'd done it correctly)
Night of Navy - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White (although I wish I'd used Crushed Curry) 5 1/4" x 4"
Glossy White Cardstock - 5" x 3 7/8"

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree and Number of Years.

First, stamp your trees (or whatever image you wish to use) with Archival Black Ink.  Next you'll want to add the sky and grass colors.  The changing leaves are added after the sky and grass.

Use a wet baby wipe and pick up some color from the lid of your stamp pad.  I used Night of Navy for the sky.  Gently swipe the ink across the top of your glossy paper where you want to have the sky.  Do the same for the grass.  I used Wild Wasabi for the grass.


Place your glossy card stock on your Big Shot and place the letters where you want them.  Be sure they are exactly how you like them, because this is where they will be on the finished product.

Adhere your background piece onto your mat color (depending on the one you choose).  If you use the word LOVE, don't put the center of the "O" down until you place the letter.  That way you won't have to guess where it goes.

Pop the letters up with Stampin Dimensionals.  Add a ribbon around the top two layers and then attach them to the card base.


A big thank you to Glenda for this great idea!  I want to make more now with other colors and other words, short words, of course!  

Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Tuesday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even notice the size. Fun card. Looks like a lot of work though for me. I don't have the letters either. The trees are so pretty. With our off weather this year our trees aren't as gorgeous as usual.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! It wasn't all that hard, just me not measuring from the beginning! LOL I was able to get the letters as a half-off deal with a good workshop, so I sure hope they stay around a long time!

      We don't get a lot of color changes here. Normally we'll have to take a drive a couple of hours north of us. We do have two pecan trees that turn and are pretty, but they get sticky first and then they are stuck all over the dog and cat. It's a mess!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors