Saturday, October 28, 2017

Quilted Christmas Birthday

When I began making the card for today, I was aiming for Christmas.  As you can see, I ended up elsewhere.  When I saw the dies, I remember seeing flowers made with a couple of the pieces, so here it is!


Recipe: 
Whisper White Thick - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Calypso Coral - 4 7/8" x 2 1/8"
Whisper White - 4 3/4" x 2"

Scraps of Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Blushing Bride

Stamps:  Dragonfly Dreams (outside), Stylized Birthday (inside)

Here is how I used the dies to cut the flower.  It was easier to line up this way rather than independently.




I added some Rhinestones to the centers of the flowers and stamped the sentiments using Calypso Coral.



Thank you for looking in today.  Have a Blessed weekend!

~ Donna


Product List

4 comments:

  1. Fun card! I could see me making this for neighbors etc. I like that this suite is not just for Christmas. This would work with all kinds of color combinations as well. I wonder if you could use the new markers to color in the petals for a different and fun idea. I have a friend who demands purple cards and I can see using something like Elegant Eggplant for the flowers and Wisteria Wonder maybe for the card. Her birthday is not until May so I have plenty of time to play with this idea once I get the bundle!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about coloring as well, but I would be afraid of running into the flower. I suppose you could trace where the open areas would be and then pull up the flower and color, then put it back down again.

      I've seen so many cards out there with a variety of papers used. Quilts can certainly be year round.

      Delete
  2. Good point, I was thinking if they were glued down that would stop the bleeding possibly but now I am not sure. But, if it didn't look good you could always put the petals back in!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors