Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Eclipse of the Piggy

Oh yes, I went there!  I was thinking of small words that would work on an Eclipse card.  As I was looking through my stamps I saw This Little Piggy... flying!   Perfect!




Recipe:
Pink Pirouette - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Soft Sky - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White 5" x 3 3/4"

Begin with your Whisper White and stamp with Memento Black Ink.  Stamp just the "she believed she could... in the upper left corner and ... so she did in the lower right corner.  Stamp the sweet flying pig in the middle and add some little clouds.  All from the same stamp set - This Little Piggy.

I did my coloring with our new Stampin' Blends - available November 1st to everyone.


Next take your picture to your Big Shot and line up your letters F L Y in the middle of the card.  Be sure they are exactly where you want them.  You could stop there and pop the letters up with Stampin' Dimensionals or you could do what I did for this card and cut out three each of the letters with Soft Sky.


Without top layer of letters.  Looking at it now, I should have thought more about where the letters would be and make one of the clouds in the "Y".  All I managed to get was a bit of Piggy's nose.


Using our Liquid Multipurpose glue layer the Soft Sky behind the original letters from the Whisper White.  I used three of each for a nice stack.


Sorry this is blurry, it just wouldn't focus!  


Here's how the first letter looks laying in the open space.  Love it!


 Here they are all layered and in place. 


What do you think?  Cute, right?!

Thank you for looking in today.  It's Hump Day! 

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. I am behind on my E-mail. I have been trying to help Mike paint the front of the house before it got too cold. Anyway, this is just too cute! I enjoyed seeing the steps on how to make these eclipse cards. I didn't know how it was really done. Now it makes sense. Thanks for the step by step process and the idea of thinking about where to put the word in relation to the design. I don't have that alphabet set of framelits but I do have a few words that might work.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words would work too. The card really is fun and easy to do. At the workshop, we used the Adhesive Foam Strips and they worked great. They are a bit taller than the Dimensionals so it gave it even more lift.

      No Cold Here... We're still in the 90's! Hello Mother Nature... it's October! LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors